Recently I seem to have let things get on top of me a bit, life has been so busy and I caught a few bugs over the winter period which have set me back a bit.
OCD recovery is a very delicate balance, it is really important not to take your eye off the ball but if you do it can start to slip before you really notice.
So the results of not feeling great and having less time have been that I’ve:
- Eaten more junk food
- Exercised less
- Not worked on my mindfulness
- Not given myself any time
All of this has resulted in my anxiety levels rising and my motivation to get out and do things falling.
So now I’ve noticed that this is happening (yes, I didn’t notice straight away) what can I do to get myself back on track?
- Well the first thing I’am doing is writing this blog post, hopefully this will really help me pay attention and take action.
- I am going to make a conscious effort not to reach for the snack food first and up my fruit, veg and general healthy food intake.
- Get out at least once a day in the fresh air and try and do it mindfully.
- I am going to try and carve out some time for myself, this one is hard when you have a family but I really do think it is important, after all if you’re not on top form how can you give the rest of your family 100%.
One really important thing to remember not to do (and which I am currently telling myself) is beat yourself up for slipping. It happens to us all, recovery is not a straight line, the important thing is to notice and get yourself back on track asap.
So a bit of a post for me this week, hopefully it might help someone else too, perhaps I can add writing more inspirational blog posts to my targets too!
For now please bear with me you wonderful people and as always,
Stay Strong xxx
One thought on “OCD – Letting Things Slip”