So next week is OCD Awareness week. What a fantastic opportunity to get talking about OCD and helping people understand it better. I found a great list of ways to get involved on the OCD UK website. Here are a few of the simpler ones below.
7 ideas for 7 days of OCD awareness
(OCD Awareness Week: 8-14th October 2016)
- Change your Facebook/Twitter cover photo for the week
- Talk to someone new about your OCD and tell them how OCD impacts on your life.
- Invite a friend to watch a movie which features OCD.
- Change your social media profile photo.
- Get a great photo of you with your ’Supporting OCD Awareness Week’ placard on social media.
- Blog about how OCD impacts on you and post that link across all your social media pages.
- Contact your local newspaper or local BBC radio station and ask them to interview you about your OCD for OCD Awareness Week.
Together we can make a difference,
Stay strong xxx